Opportunity: Lunch Buddies
Developing positive self identity and life skills through interactions with positive adult role models.Make a difference in the life of a child and become a Lunch Buddy!Students are more likely to succeed if they have a mentor. It could be a parent, a teacher, a coach — someone special who keeps an eye out for a student in need. Sadly, hundreds of VPS students do not have positive adult role models in their lives.Lunch Buddies make a difference by:
- Showing the students that their community cares about them.
- Building students’ trust and confidence.
- Often improving student attendance.
- Helping students learn and improve their self-image.
- Students are referred by their teachers, counselors, or school administrators.
- Once a parent signs the permission form, students are matched with an adult.
- Buddies typically meet on school grounds with their assigned student once a week, for about 45 minutes, for the duration of the school year.
- Lunch can be followed by board games, reading, crafts, or just talking.
Currently, we are looking for volunteers within the following schools: Tukes, Daybreak and Pleasant Valley
One hour each week during school year.
OK For Groups?:
Click here to Volunteer
- TOTAL VOLUNTEERS 11
- TOTAL NEEDED 39
- TOTAL VISITS 649
|Rachel Farmeremail@example.com||11-15-2017||Ready for Placement|
|Order||Process Title||Has Expiration Date?||Actions|